A jumperoo, also known as a jumper or exersaucer, is a device designed to provide babies with a fun way to burn energy and strengthen motor skills. A jumperoo is essentially a seat attached to straps that allow your baby to push off the ground, cre-ating a bouncing motion that relies on baby’s use of his/her legs to stay in motion. For most babies, ages 4-6 months is the best time to start using a jumperoo, but take into consideration your own child’s development. When baby can hold his/her head up unassisted, it’s usually a good indicator that he/she is ready for a jumperoo.
As babies grow and become more active, jumperoos provide a means for them to play and exercise safely. Although these products are designed to help babies develop stronger leg muscles, some experts suggest that overuse of jumperoos can ac-tually hinder your child’s development and delay walking. Given this information, manufacturers usually recommend limit-ing the time baby spends in a jumperoo to 10-20 minutes per use.
The jumperoos available in today’s market will fall into one of three categories:
- Stationary jumperoos consist of a seat, harness, and frame. They typically provide no additional entertainment (i.e. toys) other than bouncing. This is a great option for babies that are easily overstimulated, while providing the exercise and de-velopmental
- Stationary activity jumperoos are currently the most popular option, with all of the features of a stationary jumperoo plus a variety of toys and activities to entertain your baby.
- Doorway jumperoos consist of a seat suspended from straps, with a cable and clamp that attach to a door frame. This type of jumperoo, however, comes with extra safety concerns, such as a failing clamp and increased likelihood of colli-sions with the doorway frame. On a positive note, doorway jumperoos are typically cheaper, more portable, and still fun for your little one.
Here are our reviews of the best baby jumperoos around in 2016 – 2017:
2016 – 2017’s Best Baby Jumperoos – Top 5 Table
|Image||Product Name||Weight Capacity||Height Capacity||Item Weight||Batteries Required||Avg Rating||Price|
|Fisher-Price Roarin' Rainforest Jumperoo||11 kg||81 cm||8 kg||3 x AA||4.7/5||£|
|Baby Einstein Neighbourhood Friends Activity Jumper||11 kg||76 cm||9 kg||3 x AA||4.5/5||£|
|Jolly Jumper with Stand||13 kg||N/A||5 kg||None||4.6/5||££|
|Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo||11 kg||81 cm||7 kg||3 x AA||4.8/5||££|
|Fisher-Price Step-n-Play Jumperoo||12 kg||81 cm||10 kg||3 x AA||4.6/5||££|
Best Baby Jumperoo in the UK Reviews of 2016 – 2017
Fisher-Price Roarin’ Rainforest Jumperoo
As one of the newest (2016) and most popular options available today, the Fisher-Price Roarin’ Rainforest Jumperoo provides a variety of activities to promote baby’s curiosity while encouraging the development of his/her gross motor skills. The seat spins 360 degrees for a full sensory experience, while the seat pad is machine-washable and dryer safe. With 12 rainforest-themed toys and activities, this jumperoo is packed with music, lights, and sounds to entertain your little one. Buyers appreciate having two settings for music/sound: you can choose to have continuous music or only have music/sounds play in response to your baby’s movement. Additionally, the volume can be adjusted or turned off completely, and the jumperoo still offers enough entertainment for baby to remain engaged and happy.
- Easy to assemble
- Seat spins 360 degrees
- Two settings for music/sound
- Freestanding and adjustable to three height levels
- Collapsible base allows for easy storage
- Slightly larger than older mo
Baby Einstein Neighbourhood Friends Activity Jumper
The award-winning Baby Einstein Neighbourhood Friends Activity Jumper packs a lot of features into a great value product. The 360 degree seat provides access to multi-sensory experiences, including a piano with three modes (classical melodies, piano key tones, and language discovery in English, French, and Spanish). The seat is also adjustable to five height settings, allowing the jumperoo to grow with your baby. Along with the four activity stations, parents and guardians will love the overhead hooks available to add baby’s favorite toys for more entertainment.
- Great value option
- Five adjustable height settings
- Folds flat for compact storage and transport
- Focuses on building cognitive skills, as well as motor skills
- Relatively bulky
- Can be difficult to disassemble
Jolly Jumper with Stand
As the only stationery jumperoo on this list, the Jolly Jumper with Stand is a great option for those whose babies prefer less stimulation with toys and more bouncing. Designed to improve baby’s balance and develop coordination, the Jolly Jumper helps strengthen leg muscles for a child in the pre-walking stage. The machine-washable saddle is designed to fit the baby “like a second skin” and ensure proper back support. Some buyers dislike how much space the jumper can take up, but still love the Jolly Jumper’s sturdy frame and easy transportability.
- Portable and easy to store
- Easy to assemble
- Freestanding with no doorway required
- All components are certified baby-safe
- Relatively expensive
- No built-in toys, music, or lights
- Difficult to get baby in and out of harness
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is the older version of the Roarin’ Rainforest Jumperoo featured above. However, it is still the most popular option among parents and guardians, due to its stimulating play features and quick portability. The frame pivots to a nested position for easy transportability. The seat is machine-washable and dryer safe, however, some buyers have complained that the leg openings are a bit tight for their babies.
- Three adjustable height levels
- Full 360 degree entertainment
- Sturdy and free-standing
- Easily portable
- Difficult for baby to rotate
- Seat may be a tight fit for some babies
Fisher-Price Step-n-Play Jumperoo
For parents and guardians looking for a product with extended use beyond a jumperoo, the Step-n-Play Jumperoo from Fisher-Price is a good option. What makes this model unique is its extendable steel frame that pulls forward with the push of a button to transform the jumper into a walker. While seated, baby can move forward and backward across the extendable frame to encourage mobility. The seat pad is also easily removed and machine-washable. Unfortunately, the Step-n-Play Jumperoo does not fold down easily for storage or portability, and some buyers dislike how much space it requires compared to other jumperoos.
- Free-standing, extendable frame for use as walker
- Three adjustable height levels
- Full 360 degree entertainment
- Large and bulky
- Difficult to adjust
- Not portable
Finding the Best Option
Knowing your specific needs and baby’s preferences will help determine the best jumperoo for your baby. Consider the following factors:
- Price – Because babies grow so quickly, you will most likely use the jumperoo for less than a year before your child out-grows it. More features typically equate to a higher price tag, so it’s important to find the right balance between your budget and the key components of your jumperoo to get the most value.
- Seat – Is the seat removable and/or machine-washable? Most seats are adjustable to different height settings, but only some rotate 360 degrees to provide more mobility for your baby. Make sure the seat is also comfortable, with a snug fit that isn’t too tight or restrictive for your little one.
- Baby Size and Age – Most manufacturers have a recommended weight and height limit that vary from model to model. While most parents and guardians choose to use jumperoos with their babies beginning around 4-6 months of age, consid-er your own child’s development when determining how and when to use a jumperoo. No matter the age, your child should be able to hold his/her head up unassisted, but not yet walking. Discontinue use of the jumperoo when your child exceeds the product’s weight or height limits, and when your child can walk or climb in and out of the seat.
- Portability and Storage – Many jumperoos can be quite large when fully assembled, so it is important to consider how much space you’ll need in your home for your baby to use the product safely. If you plan on transporting the jumperoo often, make sure to select a model that is portable and folds down easily for storage.
- Toys and Activities – Consider your baby’s play habits and preferences when selecting a jumperoo with multiple toys. Does he/she enjoy toys that play music or light up? Some babies prefer toys with different textures over ones that make sounds.
Jumperoos are great for entertaining babies while developing their gross motor skills. Because they are designed to keep your baby occupied for an extended amount of time, it may be tempting to leave your little one unattended in order to tend to other matters around the house. Remember that safety should be your utmost concern while using any baby product. Always monitor your child while he/she is in the jumperoo, and remember to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use. Some additional safety tips are listed below:
- Keep the jumperoo on a flat, even surface while in use.
- Ensure the frame is sturdy and durable after each assembly prior to placing baby in the seat.
- Do not use jumperoos near stairways, pools, ovens, or other hazardous areas.
- Do not attach toys or other items with strings to the jumperoo, as they can pose a strangulation hazard.
- If you need to move the jumperoo, remove baby from the seat first.
- Do not use the jumperoo if any part is damaged or defective.
- Keep an eye on product safety recalls.
- Limit jumping time to 10-20 minutes per use.
Final Thoughts On Our Best UK Jumperoos For Babies Reviews
No matter which jumperoo you choose, there are plenty of options available to keep your child safe, active, and happy. Give your little one plenty of time to rest during playtime to ensure his/her proper development, and you’ll both be able to benefit from using your jumperoo. We hope our list of the best uk models in 2016 – 2017 have given you a better idea as to where spend your money.